Yes. If an individual has stopped working because of COVID-19, they should apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), whether or not they are eligible for Employment Insurance. The benefit is available for the period from March 15, 2020 to October 3, 2020.
- Laying Off Employees
- I need to temporarily layoff an employee. How does the process work?
- Is there a template for an employee agreeing to a temporary layoff?
- Currently reading:My employee doesn’t qualify for EI, can they still avail of relief benefits?
- Can I temporarily layoff employees?
- How do I layoff employees?
- Can I rehire employees let go due to COVID-19?