A temporary rent supplement that provides up to $500 per month until August 31st, 2020.
What is the B.C. Temporary Rental Supplement?
The B.C. Temporary Rental Supplement is a temporary rent supplement that provides up to $500 per month, paid directly to landlords for eligible households with dependents, and $300 per month for eligible households with no dependents.
This support will help eligible low- and moderate-income renters struggling to pay their rent as a result of loss, or income reduction, due to COVID-19. The program runs until August 31st, 2020.
Who is eligible?
To qualify, tenants must:
- Have a 2019 gross household income of less than $74,150 for singles and couples without dependents or $113,040 for households with dependents
- Qualify for or be eligible for EI or the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) or have seen monthly household employment income drop by 25% or more.
- Be paying more than 30% of current household income towards rent
- New applications will be accepted until August 31, 2020 and will be effective from the month received
- Tenants, not landlords, must start the application
- Landlords must complete the application
- BC Temporary Rental Supplement (BC-TRS) Program
- How to apply
- Tenent factsheet
- Landlord factsheet
- BC-TRS FAQs