Information about a program to help farmers and food and beverage processors market their products and increase sales within B.C.
Latest Update - March 17th, 2021: Applications to the 2021-22 Buy BC Partnership Program (cost-shared funding component) are now open until April 7th, 2021 at 4:30pm PST.
What is the Buy BC Partnership Program?
Buy BC provides cost-shared funding and a recognizable Buy BC logo to help B.C.’s agrifood and seafood sector market their products and increase sales within B.C. It is administered on behalf of the BC Ministry of Agriculture, Foods and Fisheries by IAF, and is designed to increase the competitiveness of B.C.’s agri-food and seafood industry in the domestic market by supporting local marketing efforts and the use of the Buy BC brand.
- Buy BC Logo Licensing: Buy BC logo licensing provides industry with the opportunity to apply for authorization to use the Logo through an Authorized Use Agreement or Consent to Use Form.
- Buy BC Cost-Shared Funding: Once an applicant has been approved for a Buy BC logo license, they can apply for funding to help them undertake sector and/or product specific Buy BC marketing and promotional activities across the province.
Who is Eligible?
Funding is available to the following groups:
- Primary Agriculture and Seafood Producers
- Agriculture, Food and Beverage, and Seafood Processors or Cooperatives
- Industry Associations, Boards, Councils
- Agriculture Fairs and Farmers’ Markets
- Agriculture, Food and Beverage, and Seafood Retailers, Wholesalers, or Distributors (not eligible for cost-shared funding)
- Food Hubs and Other Processing Facilities
- Non-profit Social Enterprises