Details of Phase 1 of the B.C. Restart Plan.
Phase 1 enabled industries designated as “essential services” to operate safely in the early stages of BC’s COVID-19 response.
Essential Services Operating During COVID-19
- Essential health and health services
- Law enforcement, public safety, first responders and emergency response personnel
- Vulnerable population service providers
- Critical infrastructure
- Food and agriculture service providers
- Industry and manufacturing
- Communications and information technology
- Financial institutions
- Other non-health essential service providers
Other businesses not designated as “essential” could remain open during this phase as long as they could remain in compliance with public health orders issued by the Provincial Health Officer.
The Path Toward Phase 2 for Businesses
Businesses that have operated during Phase 1 of the pandemic may need to update their COVID-19 Safe Plans to fit with updated Health and Safety Guidelines, best practices and resources.