Details of Phase 3 of the B.C. Restart Plan.
Thanks to the efforts made across British Columbia, we have moved to Phase 3 of our provincial Restart Plan, allowing for travel across our province, and several more industries to reopen.
- View B.C. Government News Release
- Further Details on What the Move to Phase 3 Means
- Travelling Within BC During Phase 3
Industries Set to Re-Open in Phase 3
Phase 3 differs from the two previous phases in taking a staggered approach to reopening. The following industries are set to reopen during this time:
- Hotels and Resorts (June 2020)
- Parks – broader reopening, including some overnight camping (June 2020)
- Film industry – beginning with domestic productions (June/July 2020)
- Select entertainment – movies and symphony, but not large concerts (July 2020)
- Post-secondary education – with mix of online and in-class (September 2020)
- K-12 education – with only a partial return this school year (September 2020)
What Must be Done to Re-Open
Businesses involved in the above industries must ensure they are in compliance with orders from the provincial health officer and in accordance with the requirements and guidance provided by WorkSafeBC.
Employers preparing to resume operations must develop plans to reopen safely, which includes assessing the risk of COVID-19 transmission in their workplace, and developing measures to reduce these risks.
WorkSafeBC is currently working with industry stakeholders to prepare industry-specific protocols that can be used by employers to help develop their individual plan.
- WorkSafeBC – COVID-19 and Returning to Safe Operation
- Returning to Safe Operation FAQs
- How to Earn the Trust of Customers as You Re-Open Your Business
- How to Create a COVID-19 Safety Plan for Re-Opening
- Industry Guidance for Re-Opening
Back to Business
Small Business BC is committed to helping business owners reopen in a safe and successful manner. Our Back to Business campaign features specific advice and guidance in the following areas:
Visit our Back to Business resource page