Guidelines, templates, and other resources to help health professionals in B.C. develop a COVID-19 Safety Plan and re-open safely during Phase 2 of the BC Restart Plan.
WorkSafeBC Guidelines for Re-opening
WorkSafeBC published Health professionals: Protocols for returning to operation to help health professionals develop a Safety Plan and re-open safely. The guidelines cover various levels of protection you may need to develop measures for.
These protocols provide guidance to health professionals in community-based clinic settings. They cover hygiene and cleaning, staff areas and workflow, reception and waiting areas, and other important parts of your operations.
If you have continued to operate through the COVID-19 pandemic, you can use these protocols to further strengthen your measures to reduce the risk of transmitting COVID-19.
Related WorkSafeBC guidelines if your workplace includes other environments:
Please Note: Physiotherapists, RMTs, dentists, opticians, and other professions covered under the Health Professions Act may have additional obligations around clinical care. Please refer to your professional college listed below.
Health Professional Colleges
Each college is developing guidelines for returning to safe operations during COVID-19. Please refer to your relevant college for the most up-to-date guidelines:
- BC College of Nursing Professionals
- College of Chiropractors of BC
- College of Dental Hygienists of BC
- College of Dental Surgeons of BC
- College of Dental Technicians of BC
- College of Denturists of BC
- College of Dietitians of BC
- College of Massage Therapists of BC
- College of Midwives of BC
- College of Naturopathic Physicians of BC
- College of Occupational Therapists of BC
- College of Opticians of BC
- College of Optometrists of BC
- College of Pharmacists of BC
- College of Physical Therapists of BC
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC
- College of Podiatric Surgeons of BC
- College of Psychologists of BC
- College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC
- College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of BC