Fully funded grants of up to $30,000 for B.C. businesses and up to an additional $15,000 for tourism-related businesses, to help ensure you have the support you need during and beyond COVID-19.
Latest Update - July 1st, 2021: Applications for this program have now closed. All the in-progress applications will continue with adjudication, recovery planning, etc. until all eligible grants are paid out.
On this page:
- How To Apply
- Small Business BC Support
- Contact Us
- Businesses Helping Businesses: Expression of Interest
How to Apply
PLEASE NOTE: Applications for this program have now closed.
The Program, delivered by the B.C. government, has two steps.
Businesses need to visit the B.C. government's program page to learn how the program works, determine eligibility requirements and see what you need to apply. Once you’re ready for Step 1, you start your application.
After you apply, the B.C. government adjudicates your application. They will reach out if they have any questions or need more information.
If your eligibility is confirmed, you move to Step 2, completing your Recovery Plan.
Small Business BC Support
Small Business BC is a delivery partner supporting Step 1 and 2 of the process—vetting and retaining a roster of professional service providers, matching eligible businesses with service providers, and ensuring Recovery Plans are completed in a timely manner. There are three options for completing this work:
- Small Business BC has a list of qualified service professionals ready to support the development of a grant application and/or Recovery Plan, with funding of up to $2,000 to service providers for this support.
- Businesses can also choose to use their own professional service providers by completing this webform. You will be asked to indicate if you would like assistance on Step 1 and/or Step 2 of the application process, and will need to include your application number and business name, along with requested service provider’s name, business name, and contact information.
This form must be completed by the business owner, not by the requested service provider. Please only complete this form one time per grant application. Any duplicates will cause delays in processing your request for matching.
*Please note, all service providers will need to submit an Expression of Interest and be vetted. Please expect 1-2 weeks for this process to occur if they are not already registered.
- Businesses can submit their own completed Recovery Plan to the B.C. government. No additional funding is available for this option.
For general information, the B.C. Recovery Grant Team are available: Monday-Friday: 9:00am-5:00pm, except on statutory holidays.
For more information contact us at: BusinessRecoveryGrantProgram@gov.bc.ca or by phone at 1-833-254-4357 (HELP).
For information about the matching process, please email email@example.com, call 1-833-254-4357 (HELP) or use our live chat.
Businesses Helping Businesses: Expression of Interest
The B.C. Small and Medium Sized Business Recovery Grant Program is seeking the following interested parties to help develop Recovery Plans:
- Practicing Lawyers in good standing with Law Society of BC
- CPAs in good standing with CPA of BC
- Certified Professional Bookkeepers (CPB) in good standing with CPB Canada or the Canadian Institute of Bookkeeping (CIB)
- Certified Professional Financial Planners (CFP)
Small Business BC matches the business to the service provider who invoices Small Business BC for reimbursement for services, up to a maximum of $2,000 (including taxes) per applicant.
If you are one of the professionals listed above and would like to lend your skills, knowledge and expertise please review the Expression of Interest and register your interest.