The B.C. government’s Small and Medium Sized Business Recovery Grant program has fully funded grants of up to $30,000 for B.C. businesses and up to an additional $15,000 for tourism-related businesses, to help ensure they have the support they need during and beyond COVID-19.
December 21st, 2020 Update: The B.C. government has enhanced the Small and Medium-Sized Business Recovery Grant program to make it easier for businesses to qualify. It has also increased the support available for those in the hard-hit tourism sector up to $45,000.
If you applied to the program before December 18th, 2020:
- You do not need to resubmit an application
- Applications received prior to changes will be reviewed under updated program criteria and grant amounts
- Businesses that have already been approved for funding are not affected by these changes but, are eligible for updated grant amounts
On this page:
- How To Apply
- Small Business BC Support
- Contact Us
- Businesses Helping Businesses: Expression of Interest
How to Apply
The Program, delivered by the B.C. government, has two steps.
Businesses need to visit the B.C. government's program page to learn how the program works, determine eligibility requirements and see what you need to apply. Once you’re ready for Step One, you start your application.
After you apply, the B.C. government adjudicates your application. They will reach out if they have any questions or need more information.
If your eligibility is confirmed, you move to Step Two, completing your recovery plan.
Small Business BC Support
Small Business BC is a delivery partner supporting Stage 2 of the process – vetting and retaining a roster of professional service providers, matching eligible businesses with service providers, and ensuring recovery plans are completed in a timely manner.
- Small Business BC has a list of qualified service professionals ready to support the development of a recovery plan, with funding of up to $2,000 to service providers for this support.
- Businesses can also choose to use their own professional service providers.
Once businesses have completed Step 1 and receive eligibility confirmation and an invitation to develop a plan from the B.C. government, they can register their own professional service provider with Small Business BC., with funding of up to $2,000 to service providers for this support.
*Please note, all service providers will need to be vetted. Please expect 2-4 days for this process to occur.
- Businesses can submit their own completed recovery plan to the B.C. government. No additional funding is available for this option.
For general information, the B.C. Recovery Grant Team are available: Monday-Friday: 9:00am-5:00pm, except on statutory holidays.
For more information contact us at: BusinessRecoveryGrantProgram@gov.bc.ca or by phone at 1-833-254-4357 (HELP).
Service providers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org , call 1-833-254-4357 (HELP) or use our live chat.
Businesses Helping Businesses: Expression of Interest
The B.C. Small and Medium Sized Business Recovery Grant Program is seeking the following interested parties to help develop recovery plans:
- Practicing Lawyers in good standing with Law Society of BC
- CPAs in good standing with CPA of BC
- Certified Professional Bookkeepers (CPB) in good standing with CPB Canada
- Certified Professional Financial Planners (CFP)
Small Business BC matches the business to the service provider who invoices Small Business BC for reimbursement for services, up to a maximum of $2,000 (including taxes) per applicant.
If you are one of the professionals listed above and would like to lend your skills, knowledge and expertise please review the Expression of Interest and register your interest.