Details of the Canada Recovery Hiring Program (CRHP), which helps employers pay wages as they recover from the economic effects of COVID-19.
What is the Canada Recovery Hiring Program (CRHP)?
The Canada Recovery Hiring Program (CRHP) is one of the two subsidies to cover part of your employee wages. The other is the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS). If you have seen a drop in revenue during the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be eligible for a subsidy through one of these programs to cover part of your employee wages. This will enable you to re-hire workers, help prevent further job losses, and ease your business back into normal operations.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible to receive the CRHP, you must meet all the CEWS eligibility requirements. If you are a for-profit corporation or partnership, you must meet additional CRHP criteria:
Eligible corporations and partnerships
- Canadian-controlled private corporations (CCPCs)
- Cooperative corporations that are eligible for the small business deduction
- Partnerships where at least 50% of the partnership’s interests are held (directly or indirectly) by employers eligible for the CRHP
Ineligible corporations and partnerships
- Any for-profit corporations that are not CCPCs and not cooperatives eligible for the small business deduction
- Partnerships where more than 50% of the partnership’s interests are held (directly or indirectly) by employers not eligible for the CRHP
These corporations and partnerships may still be eligible for the CEWS, just not the CRHP.
It is proposed that CRHP will run from June 6th, 2021 until November 20th, 2021.